Full Stack Engineer
The Product Engineering team delivers the overall product experience for our Tidal App. This includes ensuring that our app is reliable, intuitive, and engaging, and that it delivers dynamic and personalized experiences to users.
For this position you will implement dynamic and social features of the app. This requires close collaboration with foundational teams at Tidal. Our focus is on supporting and keeping systems for experimentation, data gathering, user interfaces, and user experience running.
We are committed to deliver the best user experience across all main platforms, including iOS, Android, and Web.
Your role will involve working with a team of engineers, product managers and designers to develop features that provide an optimal user experience. You will maintain the web application, ensuring high-quality code, and scalability.
- Develop and maintain the front-end using React.js
- Design and implement Backend for Frontend APIs
- Write and maintain backend code using Node.js or Java
- Familiarity with CDP or similar frameworks for eventing
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure optimal user experience
- Work with the DevOps team to ensure the application is deployed and maintained in a secure and reliable way
- 5+ years of experience developing production web applications
- Experience writing tests (unit-, integration- and end-to-end tests)
- Experience with and knowledge of web standards
- Cross-browser development and debugging skills
- Experience implementing backend to frontend architecture
- Experience working with Node.js
- Excellent written and verbal English as English is our company language
- Knowledge about Electron, Node.js and functional programming
- Interest in HiFi audio and/or other music interests
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.