Technical Program Manager, Community P2P
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
At Cash App, our teams organize by abstractions that consist of a variety of disciplines that each own a mission statement in alignment to Cash App's overarching strategy to redline the world's relationship with money.
The Community Team is 1 of 4 abstractions and embodies the vision to make money social. Community is driven by the mission to empower all real world individuals and group financial relationships through Cash App. As a member of this abstraction you will be the org's first dedicated TPM to drive this strategy forward, thinking of creative ways to move money through the ecosystem.
In this role you will:
- Develop and maintain strategic plans, roadmap(s), operational readiness to guide teams to execute and scale
- Guide development and implementation of necessary tools and drive understanding of technical requirements
- Drive effective partnership and stakeholder alignment within the organization
- Lead critical decisions across various business and technical requirements
- Establish mature execution practices and mechanisms within the organization
- Manage risk - including technical, execution, product and business risks
- Cultivate a team culture of high agency, execution, and customer focus
- 6+ years of program management experience operating as an Engineering Program Manager (or TPM) of a technical team, leading a suite of requirements gathering and implementation
- Strong grasp of distributed systems architecture. Knowledge of AWS/GCP/Azure preferred.
- Experience managing and releasing complex and high-quality localized products and marketing campaigns in partnership with product teams.
- Experience establishing processes, supporting teams, developing relationships, and managing end-to-end for a portfolio of concurrent programs
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $174,900 - USD $213,700
Zone C: USD $165,700 - USD $202,500
Zone D: USD $156,400 - USD $191,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.