Product Designer - Global
- Alternate Location: Sydney, Australia
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Global team's overall goal is to launch, build and sustainably grow Cash App beyond the US. Global has multiple product work streams that are responsible for enabling new markets, launching new product lines in existing markets and accelerating growth where we have found traction.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our Global team. Our focus is to create world-class experiences for our customers all over the world. We pride ourselves in rethinking established paradigms and bringing creative solutions into existence in the financial space that benefit millions of customers.
As a Product Designer for the Global team you will:
- Work in a small, multi-disciplinary team to design & deliver innovative end-to-end experiences from concept to production (includes helping to set the product vision, exploring design solutions, prototyping, supporting implementation.
- Solve customer problems by synthesizing multiple data sources such as metrics, user research insights and customer feedback to Identify opportunities, working as a thought partner to product managers.
- Clearly communicate compelling ideas to a range of stakeholders, including the broader product design team.
- Collaborate with user research to identify, plan and participate in user studies.
This role reports to our Global Product Design Lead, based in San Francisco, and will partner very closely with our engineering teams in Sydney & Melbourne, Australia. Given the timezones our Global team works across, it would be preferred if candidates are based in the Bay Area or on the West Coast.
- A passion for turning complex problems into simple and engaging experiences
- 2+ years of experience as a product designer
- Outstanding UX, visual design and product thinking skills for mobile apps
- Experience applying research, usability tests, and metrics to inform design decisions
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback
- Competence in design and prototyping tools such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong collaboration and self-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and can clearly & succinctly present concepts to the broader product and design team.
- Ability to travel on a semi-regular basis to garner facetime with a distributed team (after easing of travel restrictions)
- Experience working in highly collaborative multi-disciplinary teams across time zones
- Previous work experience in a consumer-focused tech organization
- Experience with internationalization & localization of products
- Familiarity with creating interactive prototypes
- Prior experience working on fintech products.
Please submit a deck or portfolio of work with your application that showcases your design process from exploratory stages through execution. If your portfolio site requires a password, please provide us with it in your application or on your resume. Thank you!
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $119,300 - USD $145,900
Zone C: USD $113,000 - USD $138,200
Zone D: USD $106,800 - USD $130,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.