Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 11 million active customers globally and more than 64,000 of the world's best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi's, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
The Accounting team is a critical part of Afterpay's month-end close process. Afterpay is hiring an Accountant who will be an integral part of our growing team, who will report to an Accounting lead. You are analytical, curious, and enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for month end close processes for various accounts, including but not limited to: Capitalized Software, Processing Costs, Accruals
- Build and maintain best in class processes; help streamline month-close process via automation,identifying efficiencies and standardization
- Partner with Finance and Accounting departments in relation to the month end process
- Perform and review Balance Sheet and P&L flux analysis
- Perform reconciliations of applicable accounts
- Review work prepared by team members
- Create and lead new initiatives and procedures to support expanding team deliverables driven by business growth
- Resolve day-to-day and complex accounting issues
- Proactively drive improvements in processes and procedures
- Ad hoc finance projects, including external audit requests, expense reporting, review of merchant contracts and tax matters
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of Public Accounting or industry experience
- Previous role(s) should include audit/corporate accounting
- Experience in Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize deliverables
- Strong interest in technology / knowledge of the industry
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles
- A passion for economic empowerment, and the desire to help make the economy more accessible to all
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $94,400 - USD $115,400
Zone B: USD $87,800 - USD $107,400
Zone C: USD $80,300 - USD $98,100
Zone D: USD $70,800 - USD $86,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.