Program Manager, Credit
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We are looking for an Operations Program Manager to join our Square Credit Team. Reporting to the Global Program Manager Lead, you will be responsible for defining, documenting, monitoring, and improving our end-to-end operations & processes to manage credit products for sellers using Square. You will demonstrate a high degree of empathy for the businesses and people we serve, and bring creativity towards our procedures while maintaining a positive seller experience. You will enjoy finding creative ways to support program operations and manage risk while improving seller experience, and will become a Square credit product expert who has the opportunity to affect the product roadmap and customer experience.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with cross-functional teams to implement & deliver on strategy roadmap.
- Develop and maintain credit policies and procedures in accordance with both regulatory requirements where applicable.
- Partner with multidisciplinary operational teams to build and maintain the operational framework.
- Lead a small team of credit operations agents, and be responsible for coaching and ongoing career development.
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Data to identify process improvements.
- Monitor daily workflows and internal channels to increase understanding of processes and pain points, including holding operations teams accountable to meet SLAs / KPIs.
- Develop and deliver training for operations teams, including summarizing feedback to enhance training materials.
- Guide escalations from operations teams and approve exceptions to policy.
- Using analytics (SQL, Looker) to monitor operational metrics and performance.
- Identify and evaluate vendors, inclusive of ongoing relationship management.
- Proficient in both English and Japanese
- 5+ years experience in commercial lending, credit operations or financial services and a minimum of 2 years leadership experience.
- A creative and eager mindset, with an emphasis towards taking action and finding solutions
- Experience using data to identify trends and anomalies, as well as to make recommendations for new initiatives
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in project management
- Experience with SQL, Looker or similar business intelligence software/big data analytics platforms
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.