International People Operations Lead
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block is looking for an International People Operations Lead on our Global People Operations team to continue the build-out and scaling of our People Operations team supporting EMEA and APAC regions. Reporting to the Head of Global People Operations, you will develop Leads and individual contributors on your team as we work together to grow an organization that delivers quality support to our fellow Blocks. You will also identify prospective new work for People Operations and collaborate with our People team partners to streamline and migrate this work.
- Help develop a transformational vision for the Global People Ops team
- Operationalize and centralize in-scope HR processes, with an ultimate goal of automation
- Identify trends through data, conduct analyses, and propose and implement systematic operational solutions across multiple People data-related matters and processes
- Establish operational thoughtfulness and data metrics for operational oversight and reporting
- Guide and influence partner teams when new programs arise to keep Block safe and compliant
- Work with global teams across varying time zones across our APAC, EMEA and American markets
- 7+ years of HR experience with operational, project management, or program management activities
- 2+ years experience managing teams
- HRIS (including Workday) operational experience
- Broad HR operational experience in several HR areas (e.g., Inquiry Management, Benefits, Compensation, Immigration, and Mobility)
- Experience with modern communication tools (e.g., Google Meet, Slack)
- Experience implementing processes that scale and manage multiple ongoing projects
- The ability to remain composed with high volume of activities
- A propensity to partner with others at all levels around the world
- The instinct to create personal and professional stretch goals and meet them
- Bias for logical action - You have an urgency to lead systemic change through a data-driven lens without compromising quality
- Empathy - You always want to understand someone's struggle
- Organized - You know how to keep track of multiple projects through delivery
- Understanding of cultural differences, or change of organization dynamics
- A desire to standardize, scale, automate, and then repeat
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.