Senior Software Engineer, Cash App
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Cash App’s Global Customers team is responsible for launching Cash App in new regions. We support onboarding new customers, enabling P2P transactions and promoting positive Cash experiences through product support. We’re currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us as we continue to grow our team to move into new regions.
- Design, build and support new systems development using Kotlin, Java and related open source technologies
- Practice eXtreme Programming (XP) engineering techniques of Software Development
- Work in a cross-functional Product teams responsible for the discovery, delivery and validation of product features via microservices, API’s and web-apps.
- Participate in the ongoing design and architecture of our evolving core platforms and services.
- Contributing to the growth of our development capabilities through leading, mentoring and supporting fellow engineers
- 6+ years of experience delivering quality software
- Natural curiosity to learn new technologies, solve interesting problems and build quality software in close collaboration with others
- A strong track record of software development, preferably Kotlin, Java and exposure to Python, Go would be a bonus
- Solid understanding of how to build testable, decoupled, maintainable code and other engineering practices such as XP techniques.
- Desire to perform and grow as an engineer
Technologies we use and teach:
- JVM backend development
- Kubernetes, AWS
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.