Growth Marketing Lead, Afterpay SMB
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Our Global Marketing team helps businesses learn about Square and Afterpay and engage with our ecosystem of products and services. As Growth Lead for the Afterpay SMB, you'll set and execute the growth strategy for acquiring SMBs into the Afterpay ecosystem globally. Reporting directly to our Global Head of Demand Generation and operating as an individual contributor, you will create our overarching growth strategy and ensure we are achieving our goals by optimizing across our paid, owned and earned marketing channels to maximize growth and efficiency. You will focus on driving important lower funnel metrics such as acquisition, conversion rate, quality/LTV and lead generation. You'll set the strategy across several high growth and metrics-focused disciplines, such as performance marketing, lead generation and content marketing, and partner with numerous teams including Product Marketing, Sales, SEO, Finance, Data Science, etc) to achieve your goals. Notably, you will partner with our U.S.-based performance marketing "Center of Excellence" who directly manages our in-platform paid media activities (search, paid social, programmatic, etc) and creative production. This role will work most closely with our Afterpay (Marketplace) Product and Sales team to scale the SMB Business. While the primary business partner is Afterpay, you will sit within Square's global Demand Generation team in the US, leveraging the support from their creative and channel teams.
- Develop and implement a lead generation strategy for Afterpay that attains its growth goals in each international market that Afterpay has a presence in
- Evolve us to a more "full funnel" way of attracting, growing, retaining, and creating advocates out of our customers
- Oversee a multi million dollar budget for paid lead generation campaigns and a prospect database of millions to bring in new SMBs
- Efficiently (ROI) and effectively (quality) increase our investments and actions in channels such as performance marketing and lead generation to maximize our growth
- "Own the numbers". You will understand what's happening with our business in each market, socialize this understanding and insight both in standing reporting forums and reflexively. Be able to forecast on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Be relationship and stakeholder focused; you will be asked to work closely and productively with multiple other teams and stakeholder management skills with the senior leadership in our organization are crucial
- Be an entrepreneurial and visionary growth marketing lead like sparking ideas around both initiatives/experiments/pilots and process improvement
- Work with our Brand and Analytics teams to ensure rigorous measurement is in place and consistently optimized to ensure clear reporting is in place
- Help evolve our thinking around performance indicators and benchmarks, working with our Global Analytics team to improve the fidelity and value of our weekly and quarterly reporting
- Inspire and ensure a proper cadence of high value experimentation and testing in our growth marketing efforts
- 12+ years of experience in growth marketing disciplines including some combination of experience in paid performance marketing, lead generation and website/landing experience optimization
- International marketing experience
- Experience building lead generation program through partnership with our teams
- Experience analyzing the entire user journey and developing strategies to optimize that journey and experience toward conversion
- Experience in developing solid strategic approaches to marketing and business challenges and getting both team and stakeholder buy-in
- Proficiency with quantitative and data visualization/BI tools such as Excel, Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Experience working with marketing measurement methods and tools (multi-touch attribution, marketing mix modeling, incrementality testing, A/B testing)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone C: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone D: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.