Product Manager, Growth ML
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As the Product Manager for the Growth ML team, you will create important and strategic Data Science/ Machine Learning (DS/ML) projects from creation through execution. You will focus on managing the product development lifecycle of several data products that provide recommendations and personalize engagement for Square Sellers. You will be in a unique position of having multiple teams as your core customers (Lifecycle Marketing, Product, Product Marketing, Sales, Account Management). You will lean on an accomplished technical team with an experienced Machine Learning Engineering Manager to ensure that our data products provide remarkable experience and accuracy to the our teams and help increase engagement with our customers. You will need to bring together product strategy, disciplined execution, and superb partner management in addition to expertise in Digital Marketing and Data Science. If you're looking for the rare opportunity to affect Square's go-to-market strategy and develop strategic data science products, you will find this role compelling and rewarding.
- Develop an understanding of and empathy for our teams at Square, with regard to how and where they work with their customers
- Set the direction for DS/ML products in collaboration with the Lifecycle, Marketing, and Product teams
- Create and lead a product roadmap, promote it across Square and, in collaboration with world class design, engineering, and analytics partners, prioritize and lead the end-to-end success of projects from discovery through landing
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers, Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers on technical and analytics projects, while working across teams to bring new value to our teams
- Gather requirements, prioritize features, write product specs, refine feedback, help write test plans, manage the backlog, and ship quickly
- Represent the Growth ML team with partners, senior company leaders, and important customers across the company to align resources and prioritize strategic programs
- Educate and engage a broad range of partners on data products and the impact they can have on their respective domains
- You can blend strategy and technical depth for building tools used by our teams
- You are well-versed in the fundamentals of machine learning and the framework to build, test, and operationalize a DS/ML product
- You understand and can execute the data product lifecycle for DS/ML products
- You can translate complex DS/ML concepts into functional capabilities that partners can understand and get excited to employ
- You can market and advocate for your team's products and increase adoption
- You take a principled approach to ensure your roadmap and prioritization decisions lead to a high probability of impact
- You can provide direction and lead a team on the highest priority problem to solve
- You are an advocate for collaborative solutions, and can align diverse groups of partners
- You can write and present with brevity and clarity
- You have at least 5 years of experience in product management
- You understand how eCommerce / SaaS products are used and measured
- Experience in digital marketing
- Expertise in ML infrastructure
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.