Senior Technical Product Manager, Treasury
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The Financial Platform (“FinPlat”) is an internal platform and operating environment powering Block’s fast-growing mobile payment app, Cash App. FinPlat provides the financial primitives that power reliable, resilient, & scalable money movements for internal customers in Cash App as well as to customers within Square Banking. FinPlat is composed of 6 main work streams (with many smaller embedded sub-teams). These work streams, Card Payments, Bank Rails, Issuing, Money Infrastructure, Brokerage and Composable API, manage a vast number of stakeholders and customers, and all together make up an org of ~100 internal team members. We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to work closely with Engineering Leads, Operations Managers and Product Data Science partners to coordinate critical cross-functional work with the FinPlat Money Infrastructure Treasury teams - Ledgering & Settlements. These key teams power the settlement and ledgering of products in the Cash App ecosystem, and work very closely with the FinPlat Money Infrastructure Reconciliation Teams focused on the automated reconciliation and reporting of these products. This role reports to the Technical Product Lead for FinPlat.
In this role, you will:
- As part of this role you will drive roadmap formulation and represent the team to external stakeholders and cross functional partners, while balancing short-term and long-term strategy.
- Help scale the Technical Product Management discipline in the Financial Platform organization, as this discipline was newly introduced in Q4-2021.
- Communicate key developments, updates, and problems to teams (both technical and non-technical) in other disciplines and cross-functional partners.
- Highlight the key technical risk areas, dependencies and technical debt, and develop actionable strategies to address.
- Grasp complex technical topics and abstract key issues and risks into an actionable form.
- Discern and implement process improvements that facilitate self-organization and enable our engineers to do their best work.
- Tie objectives back to business metrics, that you will help define and champion for your technical product, such as cost, speed, reliability, scale and operational efficiency
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members across multiple time zones including Melbourne, AU, Europe, UK, Ireland, and the four major US time zones
- Establish strong bonds with the other Fin Plat TPMs, as well as the TPMs external to our platform for enhanced communication and collaboration.
- 5-8+ years of deep technical knowledge and understanding of systems and engineering
- Experience with the common challenges in cross-functional working groups, including balancing competing demands and priorities
- Deeply experienced in building and scaling a technical product discipline from the ground up
- The ability to understand and deal well with rapid development cycles and to remain flexible in a fast moving environment
- Demonstrated experience managing trade-offs given specific constraints
- Experience in leading development teams to build third party APIs
- Well versed in synchronous and asynchronous communication and work
- Direct previous experience in developing software as an engineer is a real plus, but not required
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills; ability to inspire team members and influence a room
- Ability to thrive in the discomfort of ambiguity
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.