Technical Program Manager - Demand and Supply Planning Systems
Hardware Business Systems team runs the end-to-end supply chain technology for Square hardware - from planning to execution. We are hiring for an experienced TPM to work with our hardware business planning teams like demand forecasting, supply planning and supplier relationship teams to help deliver on a strategic roadmaps to achieve desired business outcomes and financial objectives.
As a TPM supporting our Hardware Team, you will closely work with technology, business, operations and financial stakeholders to prioritize, plan, execute, manage change and deliver predicted outcomes for the most impactful cross functional programs. You will strive to increase the execution efficiency and influence the best technical and business decisions aligned with the team/org/company goals. You will also build partnerships with internal/external stakeholders to identify new opportunities and translate them into a business case.
We want employees to reside where they feel most creative and productive, and are open to remote locations. You will be part of a distributed team and are open to sharing and adjusting to typical working hours (Pacific Standard Time).
- Own successful delivery of large-impact initiatives in partnership with technology, business, operations and financial stakeholders
- Drive program planning by developing plans, dependency identifications, resourcing and budget.
- Help bring stakeholder alignment on key issues using a large toolkit including structure, logic, data, clear communications, and emotional intelligence.
- Proactively communicate program plans, status, risks, and mitigations to the broader team.
- Maintain a prioritized roadmap for the next 12 months with clear requirements and business justification for each item on the roadmap.
- Develop technical requirements for developers, integration engineers and data engineers and help prioritize them during sprint planning.
- Grasp complex technical topics and simplify it for your important audience with value drivers and influence assessment
- Monitor launched projects/features and use metrics to iterate and refine.
- 5+ years of experience working in supply chain planning or inventory optimization systems
- BS or relevant industry experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Program Management
- Experience running cross functional meetings such as WBRs, QBRs and Annual plans
- Extended experience in agile methodologies.
- An experimental mindset that uses metrics to backup assumptions and support.
- Experience building trust with customers, internal partners/team members and executives.
- The ability to understand and deal well with rapid development cycles and to remain flexible in the face of uncertainty.
- Demonstrate understanding of software development life cycle and best practices.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $131,300 - USD $160,500
Zone C: USD $124,400 - USD $152,000
Zone D: USD $117,500 - USD $143,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.