Product Operations Manager, Afterpay
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We’re looking for an experienced Product Operations Manager to come work on Afterpay’s latest consumer lending product, Pay Monthly. You will be working closely with our product teams to help grow and manage this new product as we continue to scale this both locally and globally. You will help build and define scalable solutions and processes to support this growth. The day to day ranges from troubleshooting operational issues, supporting any new regulatory requirements, working with sales and analytics to determine merchant enablement, coordinating testing, data analysis, building documentation and ensuring pre-launch business readiness across our internal teams.
This role is highly cross-functional and you will partner closely with other product managers, engineering, analytics, risk, legal, compliance, sales, finance and operational teams. You will be an adaptable all rounder who thrives in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Provide subject matter expertise in resolving issues related to consumer lending at Afterpay globally ranging from disputes, escalations, payment issues and technical incidents
- Manage all operational regulatory and compliance obligations related to consumer lending globally
- Own product launch readiness to ensure that all impacted teams are ready with the information and processes required to support new product features. This could include working with customer service, merchant operations, card operations, legal and compliance through to sales.
- Identify gaps, recommend solutions and implement process improvements to help operations scale rapidly and remove barriers to execution
- Partner with product managers to triage and prioritize issues, enhancements, bugs with an operational lens
- Partner with sales strategy and analytics by overseeing all operational support to grow merchant adoption of consumer lending globally.
- 5+ years in an implementation, operations or analytics focused role
- Confidence working with data, can write your own SQL queries and can comfortably make data driven decisions to prioritize solutions.
- Confidence working with both technical and non-technical cross functional teams and can articulate customer needs while understanding how things work.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading and working with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience in Fintech, bonus points for consumer lending experience
- Familiarity with the merchant payments or eCommerce
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.