Business Operations and Strategy Manager, Canada
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We’re looking to hire an outstanding Business Operations and Strategy Manager to play a pivotal role in the ongoing success of Cash App's global expansion.
Reporting into our Global Operations Lead, you will partner closely with our General Manager and work cross functionally with our Product, Engineering, Design, Customer Operations, Marketing, Finance, Legal and Compliance teams.
The role will sit in our Global Operations team who are responsible for working across the business to improve the performance of Cash App in each of our Global markets outside of North America. This team is responsible for partnering with the local GMs to optimize the performance of the team and the business in the market and delivering high-impact strategic projects across our Global cash business.
- Oversee the holistic program of work across product delivery, legal, compliance, regulatory, customer operations and marketing.
- Partner with the GM on setting strategic direction (including KPIs and OKRs), building tactical plans to execute the strategy, and monitoring and optimizing business performance.
- Leverage strategic insights and data to identify ways to grow the customer base in a sustainable manner alongside the GM.
- Partner with the GM and finance on building commercial models, forecasts and identifying cost management opportunities.
- Build and optimize scalable processes to drive Cash App’s user growth and the execution of the team (tooling, process design, ways of working).
- Collaborate with product, marketing, legal, compliance and customer operations to launch new features in the market.
- Deliver high impact strategic projects - identify the highest pain points of the business, regardless of function, and quickly build fast solutions - the goal is speed and iteration, not perfection.
- 8+ years of experience in fast-paced and analytical roles in growth, analytics, business operations, management consulting, or finance; preferably with experience at a high-growth tech company in financial services.
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity, and a knack for quickly ramping on new skills and functions. You’ve built products, teams, and/or processes from scratch.
- Proven ability to build positive relationships across all experience levels to influence outcomes and drive teams towards common goals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You can frame and distill complex information appropriately for different audiences.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities. You can unravel complexity in data and generate actionable insights.
- Expert problem solving and executing skills. You can deconstruct a problem into manageable pieces and operationalise a program of work while acquiring knowledge in real time.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.