Operations & Investigations Support Officer, Collections
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
This is an exciting opportunity to join us as an Operations Support Officer for our Collections team. Our team gets to work on communicating with vendors, customers and their representatives to investigate and identify suitable outcomes for collections activities, fraud investigations and reducing losses in accordance with our company guidelines, Privacy Act, Debt Collection Guidelines and other relevant legislation the company are governed by.
- Respond to Debt Collection Agency enquiries and manage and handle customer complaints in a timely manner
- Provide support for our vulnerable customers as required with correct implementation of Afterpay’s hardship and customer assistance programs
- Reconcile accounts with finance and Debt Collection Agencies
- Liaise with Financial Counsellors and any authorized third party, along with assessing call recordings and complaints sent by third party agents.
- Process and finalizing bankruptcy & deceased accounts
- Maintain accuracy of customer details and account information.
- Process customer requests in a timely manner including but not limited to; Cease & Desist requests and US Disputes process whilst ensuring you comply with Afterpay’s Global Collections Policy
- Ensure ongoing compliance with the relevant collections regulatory requirements for each of the regions supported by the AU Collections team.
- Develop strong and courteous relationships with customers and vendors and negotiating solutions with more challenging customers and vendors which result in reduced losses and/or commission
- Provide assistance to victims of identity theft by providing necessary counseling and education, collecting information and analyzing the identity theft information to understand the seriousness of the theft.
- Maintain database of theft case information for timely retrieval and analysis
- Analyze customer statements, ACORN reports and police reports to resolve identity theft cases and claims
- Lodge Unusual Activity Reports (UAR) to the AML Team to meet AUSTRAC reporting requirements.
- Manage transaction disputes and liaise with relevant internal departments
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and facilitation skills; with strong oral and written communication ability.
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to analyze issues and develop problem solving methodology with minimal guidance
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high volume, high pressure environment
- Demonstrated skills related to individual case/workload management
- Strong time management skills utilizing a risk based approach to prioritizing and completing daily tasks
- Ability to make a strong individual contribution to the development of a high functioning team
- Ability to effectively work independently while also collaborating with team members as well as internal business units and industry peers
- Exceptional client focus; ability to effectively and quickly form relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
Other desirable experience includes:
- Shown expertise with financial/fraud investigations demonstrating risk-based judgement, problem solving skills and strong analytical ability
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict adherence to regulatory guidance as well as internal compliance standards and guidelines
- Experience creating or preparing Unusual Activity Reports (UAR)
- Working knowledge of the ACCC/ASIC debt collection guidelines
- Working knowledge of the National Consumer Code guidelines
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.