Blackline Finance Systems Analyst
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
The Blackline Finance Systems Analyst is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of financial systems using Blackline technology. You will work closely with various teams including finance, IT, and project management to analyze financial and accounting processes, identify areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions using Blackline's suite of tools. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Blackline and be able to effectively communicate with stakeholders to identify requirements and deliver effective solutions. This role will report to Controllership Systems Lead.
- Work with finance, IT, and project management teams to identify and analyze financial and accounting processes that can be improved using Blackline's suite of financial automation tools.
- Develop, implement and manage Blackline-based solutions to improve financial and accounting processes, including account reconciliations, journal entries, and task management.
- Train and provide support to finance and accounting personnel on the use of Blackline's financial automation tools.
- Continually assess the effectiveness of Blackline-based solutions and identify areas for improvement.
- Act as the liaison between Blackline and the Block to stay up to date with new releases and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Information Systems.
- 3 or more years of experience in a business analyst or systems analyst role, with experience in financial systems.
- Experience with financial and accounting processes and procedures.
- Oracle Fusion Cloud Finance experience is a plus.
- Experience working with Blackline technology is required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $108,500 - USD $132,700
Zone C: USD $102,800 - USD $125,600
Zone D: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.