Engineering Manager - Data Ingestion Platform
The Data Ingestion Platform team maintains important data ingestion pipelines from data sources, including databases, feeds, and other stores. This team is vital to important data processes, including financial reporting, machine learning and data science services, logs, and data-driven customer-facing applications. We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our team and help us build and maintain a world-class data ingestion platform. You will collaborate with many teams across Block to understand data needs and manage the team turning those needs into data infrastructure and services.
- Lead a team of engineers in the development and maintenance of our distributed data ingestion platform, APIs, and self-service portals.
- Instill engineering best practices for services development and data ingestion platforms
- Lead the coordination and development of tools and services to support our compliance commitments requirements for our ingestion pipeline
- Work with the team to manage data quality across our various ingestion sources
- Work with analytics, machine learning infra, and product teams to understand their evolving data requirements and influence the platform roadmap.
- Guide, organize, and communicate the team's quarterly goals and accomplishments
- Hire and develop engineers and tech leads.
- 5+ years technical experience in data infrastructure, data engineering, or software development. Experience in long-term management of data platforms is a big plus.
- 2+ years of experience in people management with a track record of building teams and growing talent
- Experience launching large scale data ingestion pipelines
- Experience in designing scalable architectures and processes
- Experience working with senior stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, with cross-functional collaboration
- Experience working with vendors
Technologies you will use:
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.