Art Director - Product Campaigns
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The Cash App Brand Creative team works at the intersection of marketing, design, and culture to concept and execute on product marketing campaigns, stories, and experiences with the highest level of craft. Our team consists of incredibly talented creative directors, art directors, animators, designers, and copywriters.
As an Art Director on the Product Campaign, you will be at the heart of coming up with big campaign ideas and boundless brand extensions, working with teams across Cash App to bring them to life. You’ll be asked to lead creative development, guide art direction, design and translate project strategy into innovative advertising experiences across every medium for our suite of product offer. And you’ll be a big part of a small team tasked with launching creative product marketing experiences that guide our mission, and drive our business and brand forward. This role reports to our Creative Director, Product Campaign.
- Translate brand strategy and human insight into powerful and purposeful creative & design solutions
- Develop innovative ideas and execute campaign projects across every medium in collaboration with our product marketing partners
- Produce, enhance, and voice creative presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Work with partners across Cash App (often collaborating with writers, designers, marketers, producers, and creative directors) to guarantee an integrated product campaign experience
- You have at least 8 years of relevant creative advertising experience or freelance work
- You understand how marketing objectives, strategic positioning, and audience insights can influence creative ideation
- You have a portfolio of work that demonstrates an ability to conceive for a variety of audiences, brand & product challenges, styles, and media
- You generate clear ideas and concepts that solve for brand product marketing objectives
- You have an eye for great design and high production value, from initial presentation to final execution
- You have experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, inventive ideas through both new and traditional brand channels / media
- You have experience working cross-functionally to launch creative deliverables
- You have an insatiable appetite for new content and culture, an irrational ambition to make things no one has ever made before, and a contagious passion for the work that confronts challenges with optimism
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.