Corporate Securities Counsel
Block is looking for a corporate and securities counsel who will support our public company reporting obligations, with an emphasis on our capital markets offerings and transactions. As we expand our business, your ideas and contributions will make an immediate impact. We are looking for someone with a creative legal mind, attention to detail, curiosity, and a desire to tackle new and exciting challenges. You will report into the Corporate Governance and Securities Counsel Lead.
- Act as lead attorney for Block’s capital markets transactions, including debt and equity offerings and securitization transactions
- Manage and build out the capital markets team
- Act as the primary point of contact for Block’s Treasury and Finance teams for capital markets deals
- Ensure compliance with our credit facility, lines of credit and warehouse financing facilities
- Work on projects that are at the cutting edge of securities law
- Work on a variety of SEC filings and correspondence
- Build playbooks and strategize ways to streamline the work we do
- Work with Block’s Finance, Accounting, and Stock Administration teams on various corporate initiatives
- Help administer Block’s Insider Trading Policy and 10b5-1 plans
- Help with 1940 Act matters
- Help with special corporate projects
- 7+ years of relevant securities experience
- A combination of both in-house and major law firm practice experience is preferred
- Experience managing debt and equity capital markets offerings - experience with securitization transactions is a plus
- 1933 and 1934 Act expertise
- A willingness to learn and grow into areas that are new to you
- Membership in at least one state bar (preferably California or New York)
Feel like you'd be a great addition to the team, but you don't check every single box above? Apply anyway. We're looking for smart, team-oriented people who are willing to learn and pitch in where needed (no job too big or too small)!
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone B: USD $227,900 - USD $278,500
Zone C: USD $215,600 - USD $263,600
Zone D: USD $208,400 - USD $254,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.