Technical Program Manager
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Technical Program Managers (TPMs) at Cash App are passionate about being of service through cross-functional collaboration between engineering teams, demonstrating ownership & accountability, solving chaos with structure and helping us land sound technical outcomes as we further our mission of economic empowerment. We focus on the details, explore creative solutions, overcome obstacles and never settle for status quo.
As a TPM to our Afterpay business you will:
- Help Technical Leads and Product Managers craft technical initiatives with solid business justifications and clear expectations.
- Ensure timely and successful execution of these initiatives by:
- Managing cross team dependencies
- Unblocking execution
- Preventing scope creep
- Risk management
- Tracking progress against success metrics
- Holding teams accountable for agreed upon deliverables
- Maintain program visibility by communicating effectively through:
- Roadmaps and quarterly plans
- Celebration of wins
- Highlighting risk
- Build and leverage relationships across the organisation
- Work with stakeholders to set clear, ambitious goals that are bought in and agreed upon
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineering Managers and Technical Leads to decompose ambiguous technical problems into tracks of work, with clear and prioritized deliverables, and owners identified
- Identify inefficiencies in processes, products, and technology and driving improvements
You will have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Broad technical expertise including but not limited to infrastructure, network, systems and applications
- Exposure to high growth, large-size companies
- Experience managing and releasing complex, high-quality products and product features in partnership with product teams
- Experience establishing processes, supporting teams, developing relationships, and managing end-to-end for a portfolio of concurrent programs
- Detail oriented and ability to drive initiatives to completion
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Strong program management experience, especially working cross functionally
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence various stakeholders including technical leaders and executive management
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.