Financial Crime AML Analyst
As a Financial Crime AML Analyst at Block, you will join a team that executes several important processes that support Afterpay's financial crime management systems. These processes are not only important in supporting our ability to meet our regulatory obligations but also so we do our part in preventing and disrupting financial crime.
- Use a variety of third-party and proprietary systems and workflows
- Work with one or more of our critical financial crime management processes, namely:
- Merchant monitoring and customer screening;
- Enhanced customer due diligence;
- Transaction monitoring and suspicious matter reporting / suspicious activity reporting (SMR/SAR)
- Follow documented procedures and instructions, enhancing your skills to eventually work on some of our more complex and critical processes
- From time to time, work on other projects or opportunities across the team
- Experience working in operational teams, being able to follow documented procedures and instructionsSome exposure to AML/CTF or broader financial crime operational environments
- You have an analytical and investigative mind, and can review and absorb data from different sources to form judgements and sound conclusions
- Experience writing out investigative reasonings; by making file notes, preparing brief investigative reports and making regulatory filings (e.g. Suspicious Matter Reports / Suspicious Transaction Reports)
- A professional membership with ACAMS, an equivalent industry body or other tertiary qualifications in the area of financial crime, fraud risk management or compliance
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.