Technical Program Manager, Sales & Account Management
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Sales & Account Management (SAM) Strategy team builds the data-driven programs, tools, and technology to deliver outsized impact to GTM operations across Square. We are a team of Technical Program Managers, Program Managers and Analysts, who collaborate with Sales & Account Management teams as well as Product and Automation teams to lead programs around company-wide GTM priorities.
As a Technical Program Manager (on the SAM Strategy team) supporting the SMB Account Management team, you will define and manage complex technical programs that will drive the organization forward. You will identify opportunities, align across cross-functional stakeholders, pursue solutions while assessing trade-offs, and ensure the execution of programs to boost Square's growth. Ideal team members have technical foundations, can manage stakeholders, can develop and drive program execution. You will report to a Technical Program Management Lead.
- Deeply engage with our AM teams, embody their day-to-day operational challenges and identify issues that limit scalability across the organization
- Make sense of ambiguous problems, align on business strategy, define requirements, curate stakeholders, and drive the execution towards a concerted goal
- Work closely with business leaders and technical partners to translate business goals to technical requirements
- Manage the roadmap for your program(s) in collaboration with leadership and stakeholders
- Establish metrics to track the impact of your programs against broader goals
- Build and maintain relationships with partners within Account Management, Product, Data Science & Infrastructure and Finance teams
- Develop and iterate end-to-end solutions and ensure on-time delivery that meets defined business goals and requirements
- 5+ years of experience in a program management, product management and/or strategy & operations role at a technology company
- Experience documenting cross-functional business and technical requirements (e.g. Product Request Docs, Business Requirement Docs)
- Experience working with technical teams to build and deliver end-to-end programs with technical knowledge of the underlying platforms and technologies
- Experience segmenting and prioritizing large multi-quarter projects into pilots and future iterations
- Experience with Salesforce, Looker (Data-visualization equivalent) and Snowflake (SQL equivalent)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $131,300 - USD $160,500
Zone C: USD $124,400 - USD $152,000
Zone D: USD $117,500 - USD $143,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.