Head of SMB Strategy & Operations
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The SMB Strategy & Operations team spearheads strategic planning, business performance and cross-functional coordination of the teams supporting the Small & Medium Business segments for Afterpay and Cash App. The Head of SMB Strategy & Operations will lead a team responsible for setting up scalable, repeatable, predictable processes, working horizontally across the organization to deliver on key objectives. We are looking for an experienced Strategy and Operations professional to develop shared objectives across a dispersed SMB team, and to create clear mechanisms to measure progress against goals.
As the Head of SMB Strategy & Operations, you’ll partner closely with leaders across data science & analytics, finance, sales, account management, marketing and product. You’ll use quantitative and qualitative insights to provide recommendations to senior leadership on the viability of new initiatives and the most effective commercial strategy for the SMB segment.
The ideal candidate will have a general management skillset, will excel at setting up processes designed for scale, and will be comfortable with analytics, modeling and data-based insights. This individual should know how to coordinate effectively with internal cross-functional partners, and have a strong grasp of business economics and P&Ls. A deep sense of ownership, drive, and entrepreneurship is essential.
- Set strategic priorities: Conduct analyses that establish the strategic priorities for our SMB business and inform GTM plans, product roadmaps and resourcing / budgeting. Responsible for annual planning across the dispersed teams supporting the SMB business.
- Lead critical cross-functional projects: Work directly with the GM of our business unit to run the most complex and critical cross-functional programs, building a business case for each initiative, and running the program to completion.
- Build analytical tools: Surface data-based insights through dashboards, automated reporting, and presentations that give both our partners and internal stakeholders real-time information critical to understand the health of our business.
- Manage a team: Lead a team of 2-3 strategy & ops team members dedicated to the SMB business, carving out high-impact projects for individuals, and supporting career development and growth.
- 10+ years of strategy and business operations experience, preferably in management consulting or a fast-moving technology company.
- Business acumen and a strong understanding of product strategy. You excel at identifying business opportunities and navigating commercial challenges.
- Distinctive problem-solving, strategic and analytical capabilities, and experience building trusted relationships with executive stakeholders
- Ability to communicate, present, and craft compelling narratives to influence internal and external technical and business stakeholders across diverse teams at all levels.
- Deep comfort operating in the ambiguity of an ever-evolving product that operates at scale globally.
- Ability to effectively model, manipulate data and work with analytics tools turning them into insightful business recommendations to optimize strategy.
- Ability to work independently and drive strategic projects from ideation to execution in a highly matrixed global organization.
- BS/BA required; MBA or Masters degree a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $171,200 - USD $209,200
Zone C: USD $162,000 - USD $198,000
Zone D: USD $152,700 - USD $186,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.