SMB Integration Specialist
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As an SMB Integration Specialist you’ll be a key member of the Global Merchant Services SMB Team, which is responsible for facilitating and improving our merchant integration experience for Afterpay/Clearpay and Cash App Pay at scale. In this pivotal role you will report into our regional Integration Manager.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Serve as owner of the end-to-end delivery of an allocated set of integrations, initiatives and support tickets in Salesforce
- Operate within our integration monitoring system to track merchant integration status
- Partner with and coordinate activity of external delivery partners, where required
- Identify, mitigate and address obstacles to delivery completion – internally and externally
- Balance and manage competing priorities for delivery employing good judgment to resolve conflict
- Proactively contact and update merchants regarding issue status
- Continually communicate with relevant stakeholder groups to manage delivery expectations
- Documented challenges & blockers encountered to further share your learnings with other team members in stand-ups and status check-in calls
- Produce accurate, timely and status updates on Integrations, initiatives and tickets that provide a balance clarity and detail
As an SMB Integration Specialist you will deliver solutions that make our merchants happier, healthier and the business smarter.
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay and Cash App. You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
You’ll have experience in and be passionate about:
- Demonstrable track record of successful project management and operational management (support items, troubleshooting, service delivery)
- Experience in a multi-project B2B environment
- Excited about solving technical issues for our merchants with a combination of technology and creative thinking
- Experience in problem-solving and issue resolution including information collection, directing and leading troubleshooting, decision-making and stakeholder communication
- Written communication skills engaging commercial stakeholders.
- Exposure to ecommerce, POS, ERP, CMS or reporting
- Familiarity with platform management processes – environments, testing, release management, deployments
- An outcome-based outlook with an appreciation for the balance between quality and delivery
- Growth-orientated with an assertive and action-oriented bias, yet a team player who solicits and acts on input from others
- Python and Salesforce experience is a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $78,000 - USD $95,400
Zone B: USD $72,500 - USD $88,700
Zone C: USD $66,300 - USD $81,100
Zone D: USD $58,500 - USD $71,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.