Localization Content Specialist - Bilingual French-English
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Globalization team helps to bring Square products and services to the world. Its goal is to leverage Square’s success in the U.S. and deliver innovative, simple, unique and fully localized experiences to international Sellers. We are looking for a localization specialist to join Square's fun and fast-paced team in Dublin, Ireland. Reporting to the Localization Content Specialist Lead, you will help us shape Square's message with maximum relevance in France, amplifying the brand and products in the market.
- Interpret Square’s content strategy and contribute with a local perspective, tailoring the approach to be the most effective in France
- Contribute to linguistic validation as an expert in French, upholding a high-quality bar across the asset pipeline
- Work on content related to Square hardware and online products, maintaining glossaries, and term bases to ensure consistent use of terminology across UIs
- Adapt campaign messaging, evergreen content, and imagery (from Square’s website, blog, paid marketing and emails) to resonate with Sellers in key verticals
- Conduct localization quality assurance to support product and campaign launches
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders, including localization program managers and product marketing teams
- Understand localization processes and partner with internal and external stakeholders to nurture best practices
- 3+ years of experience in the localization industry, either on the marketing or product side
- Native proficiency in French as spoken in France, including strong grammar, writing, and editing skills
- Bilingual proficiency in spoken and written English
- Deep understanding of the French market, its cultural dimensions, and linguistic norms
- Experience with global brands in a role that engages with outside agencies to manage locally relevant content
- Familiarity with translation, localization and transcreation processes and technology
- Experience collaborating effectively across multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Experience as an excellent team player in a fast-paced multicultural team
- Experience working with Phrase (formerly Memsource) or comparable TMS
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.