Senior CDN Engineer
As a team, we value correctness, efficiency, and safety. We measure and monitor everything, and have a culture of continuous reflection and improvement. We aim to eliminate friction in production and believe that no project should be delayed due to lack of reliable infrastructure. We believe that a well designed production environment can be beautiful. We're looking for a senior software engineer who shares our values and has thorough experience in managing and utilizing CDNs.
- Help architect, design, and implement improvements to our infrastructure and how it takes advantage of CDNs
- Interface with other engineering teams
- Deliver security-related enhancements at the CDN layer
- Define standards for CDN use across Square
- Build tools that drive automation and self-service
- Support engineering in troubleshooting failures and performance issues related to CDN
- Participate in an on-call rotation covering all of the above
- Mentor team members
- 5+ years hands-on experience with CDN management
- In-depth knowledge of edge architecture and functionality
- Solid DevOps skills
- Solid experience with open source environments
- Strong understanding of protocols like DNS, TCP, TLS and HTTP
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Impressive organizational skills
- A personal commitment to quality
- Experience with cloud environments
- Experience service mesh technologies
- Experience with networking/routing
- Experience with Fastly or CloudFlare
- Experience with Terraform
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.