Finance and Strategy Manager, Afterpay Marketing
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Manager to join us at Block and partner with the marketing organization overseeing Afterpay, Cash App Pay, and other emerging business lines. You will work directly with leadership in driving and evolving the financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes for this organization, while also establishing foundational processes for new initiatives. As this marketing organization develops, you will also have input into and responsibility for furthering F&S's partnership model with business partners.
You will sit within the Cash App Corporate Finance team, which manages financial processes (annual planning, capital allocation, business tracking and measurement) across the Cash App organization and provides analytical support for Cash App senior management. You will report to the Finance & Strategy lead responsible for Cash App, Afterpay, and new initiatives marketing.
This position can be based in any Cash App/Block Office in the US or be full time remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Be the primary finance partner to the evolving marketing organization and collaborate across all levels and departments (growth, brand, in-store, operations, product marketing), be the go-to person for financial analysis and strategic support
- Lead the allocation, budget tracking, and accounting close processes for marketing and finance stakeholders across varied business lines
- Partner with other teams (Marketing Science, Marketing Ops, among others) to analyze and surface the impact of different marketing efforts on GMV, gross profit, and customer acquisition and retention
- Improve upon and further automate existing marketing finance and operations processes
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience (investment banking, consulting, investing roles, corporate finance/FP&A, marketing finance, marketing analytics)
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (there will be a case study)
- Familiarity with marketing finance terminology and frameworks
- Ability and willingness to navigate ambiguity and uncertainty
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.