Engineering Manager, Registration & Sign Ups
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As an Engineering Manager in the Consumer Product Engineering teams you will be responsible for our Registration and Signup teams. Your teams will enhance our consumer experience and create value propositions that make Afterpay the most loved way to pay globally. This is a perfect role for an Engineering Manager who enjoys building up high performing teams that operate in a fast-paced environment, wants accountability and ownership across global platforms that are touching millions of consumers.
What you’ll be doing
- Technical ownership of the work that your team is delivering within each iteration or standalone deliverable, hands on at the technical architecture and design level
- Ensure the team is consistently delivering working software to our expected standards
- Participate in the technical development and maintenance of Afterpay standards for software development, testing, release management and reviews
- Work closely with the technical talent team to secure Engineering talent for your teams
- Undergo performance reviews and daily people management across the team
- Proactively manage issues early to avoid bigger problems later
- Proactively supporting your team members to achieve their performance and development goals
- Ensure the team is collaborating closely with key stakeholders, such as Product Managers.
- Work closely with other Engineering Managers in the global Consumer domain to support the growth and performance of the Consumer Engineering teams
(There are way more responsibilities than we can reasonably contain on this advert, apply for the role and speak with our team for more information).
- Experienced leading technical teams in fast paced and complex environments
- Passionate about coaching and people development
- An outcome focused and collaborative approach
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Passionate about adding to and growing an organisation’s engineering culture
- Enjoy driving the technical and product vision within the domain you operate in
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.