Software Engineer (Backend/Serverless)
Our team of developers works within a flat and flexible structure. We are focused on teamwork because we know that the best results are achieved when we combine our efforts. The team ensures continuous delivery and we work with sprints and daily standups. We aim to use the newest technology and ensure we implement our solutions in the best way possible.
You will be a part of the Customer team which works with our commercial websites, focusing on the new web based Artist Platform. TIDAL is on a mission to serve artists and fans alike. As we are growing our artist focus, we are scaling up our teams to support the mission of providing artists with empowerment and we are looking for Java developers who want to take ownership to build new products and services in an exciting setting.
Reporting to your team lead, your priority will be to ensure the delivery of next-generation tools for Artists with a focus on customer needs.
- Architect modern, scalable, serverless backend solutions that are testable, performant, and easy to maintain
- Have the opportunity to research and test latest technologies, and a voice in how our team applies new technologies across our domain
- Collaborate with other teams, including Product, Front-End and other Backend teams across multiple disciplines
- Collaborate cross-functionally on building a new product focused on empowering musicians with tools to aid in their artistic journey
- Help analyze and implement technical improvements and performance optimisation
- 5+ years of experience architecting and developing scalable, reliable and maintainable systems
- Experience with serverless technologies
- Strong programming skills with Java frameworks (Spring Boot, Micronaut, etc.)
- Extensive experience building REST APIs
- Experience using tools and technology such as AWS (Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, IAM), Terraform, DataDog
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python, Go or Rust
- Strong collaboration and cross-functional skills; you are self driven, yet your best work is done in a team environment
- AWS Certified Developer or AWS Certified Solutions Architect highly preferred
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.