Senior Copywriter, Product Marketing
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We’re looking for a senior copywriter to lead our product marketing efforts, including large campaigns targeted to key audiences, new product launches, and ongoing improvements to our website. This role sits on a centralized writing team, between the product and creative writers, and will be uniquely positioned to help us drive consistency of voice and tone across product and brand touchpoints.
- Partner with creative leaders and design partners on innovative concepts that showcase our product offering and resonate with our audience, bringing value to the business and elevating our brand
- Work closely with product marketing managers on messaging strategy, value propositions, and communication goals
- Craft a compelling narrative and contribute to the creative vision
- Work alongside creative/art directors, designers, product marketing managers, and product managers on high-priority initiatives across multiple verticals like banking and investing
- Lead copywriting from concept to execution for campaigns, landing pages, email, in-app promotions, and more
- Seek feedback on your work, build consensus among your team, and bring stakeholders along with your recommendations
- Set standards for the brand voice across formats and review the work of other writers to ensure consistency
- Work with both product and brand writers to build out and maintain our voice and tone style guide
- 10+ years experience as a copywriter for an agency or in-house creative team
- Exceptional writing/editing skills and passion for the craft
- Attention to detail, strategic and conceptual thinking, plus creativity and instincts for storytelling
- Experience building successful partnerships with creative/art directors, designers, and product marketing managers
- The ability to work pretty independently on multiple projects with deadlines
- A portfolio that showcases copywriting and concepting, with a focus on product marketing
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $174,900 - USD $213,700
Zone C: USD $165,700 - USD $202,500
Zone D: USD $156,400 - USD $191,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.