Operational Resilience Manager
You will join the Foundational Operational Resilience Team and assist with building and facilitating Block's approach to Operational Resilience focused on two of Block’s business units in Europe (Square and Cash App), ensuring they have the ability to identify and prepare for, avoid, respond and adapt to, recover and learn from operational disruptions.
You will have an in-depth understanding of the operational resilience standards applicable to e-money institutions in the UK and the EU. This role will include the implementation of recovery planning and testing efforts.
- Establish and drive the operational resilience program for Square and Cash App’s UK and EU entities including coordinating and facilitating Business Impact Analyses across our European products and services, and drive progress of testing of critical applications
- Support and improve the global operational resilience framework
- Provide regular reporting and insight to senior management, including the local CRO, COO and Boards
- Collaborate with engineering teams and international colleagues to improve operational resilience practices
- Assist with Incident Response monitoring and reporting
- Engage with external stakeholders on operational resilience matters / queries (e.g. auditors, regulators)
- A number of years experience in Operational Resilience / Business Continuity or similar
- Experience with relevant industry standards (e.g. one or more of ISO 22301, ISO 31000, BS 65000, ISO 27001)
- Experience supporting the operational resilience-related components of European regulation and familiarity with the upcoming DORA requirements
- Experience with board-level written communication
- Strong stakeholder management
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Collaborative approach with ability to build strong working relationships and influencing skills
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of technical architecture of cloud-based services (desired)
- Ability to assist with cross-functional data privacy projects (desired)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.