Marketing Automation Specialist, Marketo
- Alternate Location: Sydney, Australia
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Square Marketing team works to acquire new Square sellers through end-to-end acquisition campaigns. We’re looking for a Marketing Operations Specialist, with prior Marketo and Salesforce experience, to support these efforts and work cross-functionally with several stakeholders.
You will be part of a centralised team that supports the global Marketing effort. You’ll work with the Automation Platform team on ways to streamline current workflows, utilize analytics to uncover new opportunities, execute on inbound requests, and ensure proper attribution and segmentation. Aside from execution, you will strategize and consult with other Marketo users, ensuring campaign tracking and ROI. Your efforts will be vital in ensuring that our Salesforce and Marketo instances communicate seamlessly, minimizing any potential sync errors, backlogs, or service slowdowns.
With data at the heart of everything we do, you’ll work closely with Sales Operations to support data governance, program creation, and lead handoff. You will work with our analytical partners to determine ROI and report findings back to the Australia and Japan Lead Generation teams to inform future campaigns. Reporting into our Marketing Operations Manager based in the US, this role can be located anywhere on the East Coast of Australia, can work from home or from our Sydney or Melbourne office.
- Support the Automation Platform team by providing governance and processes, enabling APAC marketers to effectively use the Marketo platform.
- Strategize and execute operational efforts for global stakeholders in APAC, North America, and Europe.
- Ensure all lead generation efforts are measured and tracked, with clear reporting on ROI.
- Develop and expand upon workflow processes to ensure timely campaign execution.
- Execute inbound requests submitted by cross-functional partners for lead collection, program development, and prospect targeting.
- Support our team to develop streamlined programs in a templated manner with efficiency and global scale in mind.
- Develop strategies for proactively monitoring our lead pool, emphasizing ways to quickly identify trends and variations.
- Work directly with Sales Operations to support Marketo and Salesforce API uptime, field creation, and system backlogs.
- Coordinate with Marketing Analytics to implement reliable reporting, tracking, and attribution across all markets.
- 3+ years of experience in a Marketing Operations role.
- Experience with Marketo or equivalent platform and Salesforce.
- An eye for detail and experience in auditing and QAing high-use programmes.
- Strong understanding of marketing inbound channels, lead funnel management, database segmentation, attribution, and measurement.
- Experience balancing multiple priorities and making sound strategic decisions on the best way forward.
- Experience working and communicating cross-functionally with key stakeholders - Sales, Marketing, Analytics, and Product Managers.
- Strong Google Sheets and analytical skills to develop a targeted approach and drive actionable insights.
- An understanding of CAN-SPAM, GDPR, and CCPA compliance.
- An eager and willing attitude.
- Marketo Certified Expert
- Experience in B2B or Fintech marketing
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.