Pricing & Strategic Operations Manager
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded seven years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
Block is seeking a highly motivated Pricing & Strategic Operations Manager to join Afterpay’s Strategy and Ops team. Pricing & Strategic Operations Manager will have direct accountability for pricing integrity and will be responsible for defining, overseeing, and optimizing pricing processes. The primary business outcome will be to ensure there is accuracy, and integrity across our entire merchant portfolio. They will design and optimize the processes and controls that touch any pricing activity. They will be responsible for maintaining and strengthening our control capabilities/environment, as well as developing pricing specific tools and automations that increase accuracy and productivity. The position will require the ability to lead multiple transformation initiatives that require technical, operational, or process-related changes. The ability to work collaboratively with different business leads, internal stakeholders, and subject matter experts is required.
- Define, oversee, and optimize pricing processes, accuracy, and integrity across the entire portfolio of products.
- Design and optimize the processes and controls that touch any pricing activity.
- Maintain and strengthen our control capabilities/environment.
- Develop pricing specific tools and automations that increase accuracy and productivity.
- Put in place processes and controls to proactively detect and address any anomalies in pricing.
- Collaborate with and lead a cross-functional group of sales, finance, data science, legal and product management stakeholders to ensure pricing accuracy across the entire portfolio of products and drive pricing transformation activity.
- Lead the development of a multi-year transformation roadmap, seek alignment with cross-functional leaders and ensure delivery
- Present to senior management, the audit committee, and external parties.
- Work with Internal and External Audit to fulfill SOX requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field required. MBA preferred.
- At least 6 years of experience in a pricing or transformation related role.
- Process and performance expertise, preferably in an audit context, as well as experience designing and running processes in regulated environments.
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Executive presence with ability to effectively work with all types of roles and functions in the organization
- Experience leading large cross functional teams in an execution context.
- Demonstrated organizational agility and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with matrix reporting structure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate ideas in documents and presentations
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.