Senior Third Party Data Analyst
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square’s Go-To-Market Intelligence organization builds intelligent and scalable solutions that empower various GTM channels like Marketing, Sales, and Account Management to drive customer acquisition, growth and retention. As a Senior Third Party Data Analyst on the Data Enrichment team, you will work cross-functionally to build a cohesive third party data acquisition and evaluation program that will improve the global Sales organization’s understanding of prospective and existing Square customers. High quality data is the key to scaling our Outbound Sales program while ensuring we are targeting our Ideal Customer Profile and increasing market penetration. This work will lay the foundation for sophisticated data science and machine learning capabilities in the acquisition space. By improving the data that feeds our decision-making processes, we can help our Sales team reach the right customers at the right time and provide them with the exceptional service they need to grow their business. Your work will have a direct business impact on hundreds of sales stakeholder and boost sales effectiveness
- Develop a deep understanding of how our internal data systems interact with each other and how third party datasets fit into our ecosystem
- Analyze the current state of our third party data products to identify inefficiencies in our data acquisition strategy, streamline future vendor contracts and maximize the value we get from all available datasets.
- Act as the liaison between internal stakeholders, partner technical teams and external vendors to design a reliable, cost effective and measurable third party data program to serve our Sales team
- Consult with stakeholders to understand data needs and gather requirements for each regional Sales team
- Interface directly with our existing and prospective data partners
- Apply a rigorous vetting process to evaluate the reach, technical capabilities and product offerings of current and prospective third party data vendors
- Create a framework to measure the ROI of third party data within our Sales program
- Be a thought leader for best practices around data usage and governance across teams
- Monitor the performance, utilization and cost of third party data sources in our analytics and modeling pipelines
- Collaborate with our Procurement team to design cost effective contracts
- Work in close partnership with Sales Data Engineering to support scalable ingestion of incoming data
- 5+ years of experience in business analytics, business operations, systems analytics, project management, or related field
- Proven track record of independently driving and delivering technology-focused projects end-to-end
- High level of comfort with managing ambiguity and designing business solutions from the ground up
- Proficiency with data analytics and visualization technologies (we use SQL and Looker)
- Proven track record of spearheading technical programs that require cross-team collaboration
- Experience integrating third-party tools with internal systems
- Excellent communication skills with strong business intuition and the ability to quickly adapt to shifting business priorities or strategies
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM system
- Experience working with third-party data service providers
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $119,300 - USD $145,900
Zone C: USD $113,000 - USD $138,200
Zone D: USD $106,800 - USD $130,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.