Senior Compensation Partner, Cash App
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
As a Senior Compensation Partner, you will work with various business partners and recruiters on new solutions to ensure that compensation is aligned with talent, simple and competitive.
- Partner with leaders across the People Team and the Square organization to improve upon the existing compensation strategy
- Assist with planning and communicating compensation philosophy and programs to recruiters, HR partners, and business leaders to help answer questions and help evaluate job levels and other general comp inquiries
- Develop compensation metrics, reports, and tools to inform compensation program decisions and forecast or report on compensation outcomes
- Implement systems and processes to scale compensation programs across the organization
- Participate in the development, management, and execution of compensation programs such as annual reviews and promotions
- Manage inbound compensation data requests from key stakeholders (HR, Talent, Finance, Payroll, Stock Admin, Legal)
- Conduct market research and analysis to drive insights and recommendations while ensuring fairness and consistency in our daily compensation operations
- Partner on special compensation projects (e.g., process improvement, policy implementation, analytics)
- 6 years of experience in compensation, consulting, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, conduct research, create and present conclusions regarding business issues
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills to communicate and explain compensation philosophy, program design, and recommendations effectively
- Excellent prioritization skills and attention to detail; you thrive in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing business needs
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present complex models in a simple and clear manner.
- Experience leading presentations to executive teams and company-wide audiences
- Experience in one or more of the following compensation disciplines: salary and incentive plan design and administration, international compensation, equity compensation, executive pay
- Experience building compensation systems, managing projects, and scaling processes with company growth
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.