Security Operations & Systems Lead, APAC
- Alternate Location: Melbourne, Australia
As a part of Block's Trust & Safety Team, You will help lead security operations and security systems at Block’s APAC offices, under the guidance of the Head of Trust and Safety for APAC. This is an important position on Block’s Trust and Safety team to help implement and maintain the security operations and security systems programs in APAC providing guidance and management for Block. Responsibilities include support of the Regional Head of Ops, the office employees, managing safety and security programs and emergency response.
You will support physical security system installations and maintenance globally and effectively coordinate with vendors to ensure these installations are completed following Blocks security standards. You will coordinate and manage the repair and maintenance program, support, and maintenance of hardware and software.
Experience in physical security, access control systems, video systems, guest management, facility key systems, fire life-safety, with policy, standards and procedure development required. It is important that you have a high level of experience with MacOS, Google Drive, and other technology platforms including wide use of collaboration tools needed. We ask that you have the ability to partner with our teams at Block, leased building management groups, vendors, integrators and other staff. You have had prior experience supervising others in a tenured position in a similar environment, with a demonstrated capacity to excel in people management.
This role will be a hybrid work from home / office presence will be requested in our Melbourne or Sydney offices.
- Ensure that the highest levels of customer service are provided to Block employees, customers, vendors, contractors, and guests.
- Support offices within the APAC region.
- Willingness to respond on short notice at any time of the day or night.
- Understand fire life-safety systems in compliance with regulatory obligations and local code and standards.
- Ensure that all personnel, buildings and facilities comply with Block Trust & Safety Procedures Manual (TSPM)
- Manage and implement guard force training requirements that are consistent with country regulatory agencies
- Help maintain the employee-based Emergency Response Team (ERT) program, including training sessions.
- Understand and develop annual cost structures to improve staff levels, vendor management, and equipment.
- Establish relationships with building management, tenants, local emergency responders, and other public and private organizations to protect Block.
- Liaison with internal departments at Block to manage guest and employee safety for events at your office locations.
- Be a leader within Block’s crisis management team during emergency events under the direction of the Regional Lead.
- Daily, manage incident reporting and investigations to ensure compliance with TSPM standards to document activities, accidents or events.
- Conduct investigations.
- Configure, administer, and troubleshoot security systems software and hardware.
- Manage security device IP assignments, whitelisting and hostname provisioning.
- Support the global repair and maintenance program for Blocks security systems.
- Support new office build designs and installation projects.
- Work with our teams to ensure IT, Network, and other required services are established and optimized.
- Build relationships with security integrators and partner technology providers.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
- 5+ years experience in security operations
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience in your background
- 3+ years of security systems experience in areas of system administration, installation, design, and vendor management.
- Experience with team-building, analysis, investigations, and presentations
- Expert with Apple MacOS, iOS, and cloud-based collaboration tools including Google Drive and email systems
- Experience managing or administering web-based access control systems, IP video systems, IP cameras; programming access control systems; testing and commissioning systems; troubleshooting door hardware.
- A passion for Block and its customers
- Certifications such as CPP/PSP/PMP/CSPM.
- You have experience administering a network
- You have hands-on low voltage systems experience
- CompTIA or other networking/computer certification(s)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $28.17 - USD $34.42
Zone B: USD $26.20 - USD $32.02
Zone C: USD $22.79 - USD $27.88
Zone D: USD $21.11 - USD $25.82
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.