To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We're looking for a Growth Marketing Strategist to join the Square Japan Marketing team. You will build a strategic vision, set the agenda and ensure strength of plans to achieve short-term and long-term results and manage campaigns using owned, earned and paid channels including digital, editorial, social, web, events and sponsorships. You'll partner with the global marketing team and Japan cross functional teams to drive initiatives tailored to the Japan market, and will analyze and optimize campaigns. You will report to the Growth Marketing Manager in Japan and can be based in our Tokyo office, work remotely from home, or a mix of both.
- Oversee Square Japan's growth marketing initiatives and goals, including tactical planning, forecasting and campaign performance reviews.
- Collaborate closely with channel specialists based in US to execute the evergreen, seasonal and product launch campaigns
- Explore and create new methods of acquiring our target customers through both online and offline communication.
- Develop understanding of customer mindsets and behaviors via qualitative/quantitative research and translate those insights into executable strategies.
- Create a sustainable pipeline for the sales team to consistently deliver the leads from the evergreen and seasonal campaigns.
- Work with cross functional teams to continuously run a series of optimization tests for better acquisition efficiency.
- Manage Square Japan's growth marketing budget, including oversight of existing spend, business cases for incremental spend and reporting on the impact of investment.
- 3-5 years of experience in strategy planning and execution for performance/digital marketing.
- The ability to work with Japan-based customers in Japanese (Native/Fluent Level), and global Square colleagues in English (Fluent Level). In English, you should be able to communicate (both writing and speaking) fluently with native English speakers about your area of expertise.
- Experience in managing campaigns in paid search ads, display/social media ads and mobile ads. Management should include the budget allocation, campaign optimization and reporting.
- Experience in landing page optimization by utilizing the tools like Optimizely and Amplitude.
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of development with different stakeholders.
- Experience in managing a media agency or working with the clients as an media agency worker
- Experience in a fast-paced environment such as start-up companies or satellite offices for global companies.
Nice to have:
- Experience in B2B marketing, with exposure to business owners
- Experience in creating the Go-To-Market strategy in Japan for a global company
- A basic understanding in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and affiliate marketing
- Experience in tech or fintech industry
- A basic understanding of the implementation of conversion pixels and tags. Experience in tag management tools such as Tealium and Google Tag Manager would be a huge plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.