Platform Data Engineer, People Analytics
As an embedded Platform Data Engineer on the People Analytics team, you will architect, implement and manage data processing pipelines and data models that curate People Team data (related to HR, recruiting, etc.) from third party vendors for fast and thorough analysis. Our team is dedicated to parting with our People Analytics team and you will play an important part in helping the People Analytics team take data-driven decision making and ROI optimization to the next level. Our team supports projects that focus on people data. You will be fully remote and report into our Foundational Data Systems Lead.
- Develop and take ownership of the People data warehouse and related data pipelines to empower data access and self-service.
- Partner with stakeholders and downstream data consumers to understand data and translate requirements into technical design of building scalable data pipelines.
- Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve critical business issues.
- Identify areas of improvement in the current data infrastructure, bring to the attention of the People Analytics team and implement enhancements.
- Communicate and take initiate to identify areas for improvement and enhancement implementation.
- 3+ years of data engineering experience with expertise in data warehousing and hands-on experience with extracting and processing API data using Python, data modeling, ETL implementation & optimization and building reports with Looker or similar BI visualization tool
- Hands on experience on cloud-based computing services and data warehouses like AWS, GCP, Snowflake, Redshift or equivalent
- Experience with SQL development and writing backend python code to create pipelines and data architecture
- Experience understanding complex business systems; versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- Demonstrated integrity and consideration for appropriate data governance when working with sensitive confidential data
- Experience working with employee / HR data is a plus
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.