Security Governance Partner - Cloud Platform
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Cash Security is a security-enabling engineering organization focused on scaling security as a discipline through innovation. As a security team, Cash Security Governance develops, implements and promotes frameworks and standards aimed at securing our customer’s data, giving privacy / security considerations a voice across the organization, and simplifying Cash’s security-related regulatory and compliance obligations.
Governance Partners act as a bridge between the Cash App functional area they support and Leadership across engineering, security, and compliance teams to drive security enablement. The Security Governance Partner for Cloud Platform works directly with the infrastructure teams that build Cash App’s cloud platforms (including core infrastructure, data, observability, and CI/CD tooling) to identify and communicate constraints and to evaluate potential solutions.
- Act as a security domain expert in partnership with Compliance, Legal, and Engineering Leadership
- Work with Security teams to drive the development of core security services
- Identify, prioritize and balance security efforts with other objectives
- Help Cash automate governance and compliance functions
- Participate in technical design discussions, evaluate security properties of systems and services, drive risk decisions, and influence technical architecture
- Provide business and technical advice on security risk and trade-offs to enable security across the cloud platform
- Develop, implement and promote security standards and frameworks
- Interpret and communicate security and compliance constraints to key stakeholders
- Monitor changes to applicable changes to security and privacy related laws, regulations, and industry standards
- 3+ years in a security leadership role
- 7+ years working in a security-focused role in a technology heavy industry
- A strong understanding of cloud computing architectures and security patterns
- Ability to drive change in a matrixed-environment with minimal supervision
- Boundless curiosity, persistence and a grounded approach to getting things done
- Experience with industry security standards (e.g. NIST 800-53, ISO 27001)
- Working knowledge of one or more relevant compliance regulations such as SEC/FINRA, CCPA, CPRA, GDPR, PCI DSS, SOX
Ideal candidates will have familiarity with some of the technologies we use in our environment:
- AWS, EKS, AWS KMS and Google’s Tink Cryptographic APIs
- GCP, GKE, BigTable, Big Query
- Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Java, Kotlin, Go
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- MySQL, DynamoDB
- Event-driven architecture
- Jupyter notebooks, Tableau, Mode, Looker
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.