Software Quality Lead, Cash App
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
As a Software Quality Lead at Cash, you’ll lead a small team of test engineers working on complex technical problems and provide guidance both from technical experience as well as career growth.
This is a hands-on role - you'll be responsible for the planning, design, development, and execution of manual and automated test suites for Cash products. You'll work collaboratively with members of the release management organization, and product engineering teams to define test and release strategy, and identify release and test tooling improvements.
- Manage, lead and grow a small team of QA and Test Engineers working as part of cross-functional product development teams
- Drive test automation strategy for mobile and web applications
- Review PRDs, functional and design specifications and prepare test plans
- Work closely with cross-functional peers to develop manual and automated test suites for existing & new features
- Strategically introduce and optimize testing processes by defining testing standards and leading scalable solutions to testing bottlenecks
- Integrate with CI systems, parallelize automated test execution, including execution in device cloud
- Continue building a world-class team through hiring, coaching, and ongoing development
- Experience in managing and mentoring test engineers (including providing feedback and investing in career growth)
- Proficiency with manual testing at different layer of the application (web, app, API, backend) across both desktop and mobile surfaces
- Experience developing and maintaining automated tests using UI and/or API based test frameworks, development environments, and CI/CD tools
- A proven record of prioritizing and coordinating work across a large number of product teams (including Engineering, QA, Product Management and Design teams)
- Experience in code/scripting language such as Python or Ruby or Java
- Experience working with CI systems in an Agile / Scrum development environment
Technologies we use:
- Jira and TestRail for test/defect management
- Java, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, JUnit, TestNG, and Gradle for UI test automation
- Jenkins/CircleCI, GCP, Docker for infrastructure and CI/CD integration
- SauceLab and AppliTool for cross platform and visual validation
- PAW/Postman, Cucumber, Gherkins, Hemcrest for API-based testing
- Charles Proxy, Android Studio, XCode, iOS/Android simulator/emulator for native testing and debugging
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.