Regulatory Program Manager - Consumer Protection, UK
You will join the Compliance team and oversee consumer protection obligations for Square and Cash App businesses in the UK. You will develop procedures to ensure services provided to Square sellers and Cash App customers are following best practices and regulatory requirements, and also be our consumer advocate.
This role must be based in the UK.
- Review and develop consumer protection policies and procedures in line with Financial Conduct Authority requirements and guidelines
- Help develop and deliver in-house consumer protection training to relevant teams
- Monitor consumer protection measurements and report relevant consumer protection management information to relevant partners and governance committees
- Ensure processes, tracking and reporting conducted by other teams dealing with consumer protection matters meet requirements and verify relevant management information collated by those teams for use by the Consumer Protection Advocate
- Manage any consumer protection mitigation / remediation action plans
- Engage with external partners on consumer protection matters / queries (e.g. auditors, regulators)
- Attend internal governance meetings providing a holistic view on consumer protection throughout the business
- Horizon scan for developments in European consumer protection standards
- 5+ years' experience working in a regulated services sector
- Knowledge of UK regulatory consumer protection guidance
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Collaborative approach with ability to build strong working relationships
- Ability to translate and implement tailored, innovative solutions that meet regulatory and compliance obligations
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.