Global Immigration Specialist
As a Block Global Immigration Specialist, you will provide front line program support for the Immigration team. You will be responsible for immigration program operations with duties like: running reports, analyzing data and creating metrics dashboards, conducting data hygiene audits, reviewing legal billing, and updating the internal wiki management so that we have robust tools to help support our employees on work permits. You will manage communication among various stakeholders as it pertains to general immigration information, assessments, and program policy questions.
Immigration responsibilities include:
- Live and breathe immigration data ensuring that data flowing in and out of our systems is accurate and audited (SmartRecruiters, Workday, Equus, Vendor platforms)
- Review and audit invoices and billing with outside legal counsel, and Legal Operations for accuracy
- Create and maintain immigration data metrics, dashboards and slides
- Support the Immigration Team by:
- Scheduling meetings, trainings, webinars, and provide administrative support to team and program as needed
- Sort and distribute immigration correspondence via slack, email, regular mail, etc. and collect signatures, make copies, and distribute according to immigration process assigned
- Liaison with Team to manage [email protected] mailbox and triage as needed, supporting a multiple tiered structure
- Support audit requests, filing notices, company registrations, and collection of various legal documents for numerous immigration filings
- Support document collection for employee immigration life cycle
- Responsible for updating online content material, handbooks, process documentation, etc. as assigned
- Obtain required data as requested by our immigration provider
- Assist in Case Management and projects as assigned.
- 3-4 years of previous Immigration and/or Global Mobility experience, preferably on the corporate side
- 1-2 years experience and comfort with data management, reporting, and metrics
- Experience in a project-based role effectively managing tasks and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong initiative and a proactive approach to ownership of your work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technical aptitude to flourish in a scrappy, decentralized environment
- Experience using HRIS (Workday a plus)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential data
- Solutions-driven and experienced in developing efficient processes
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and grow
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $103,900 - USD $126,900
Zone B: USD $96,600 - USD $118,000
Zone C: USD $88,300 - USD $107,900
Zone D: USD $77,900 - USD $95,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.