Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
In this role, you will be responsible for driving forward Cash App’s new and growing Marketplace offering, which in part covers our payment network (e.g., Cash App Pay), in-app shopping, and Cash for Business product for micro businesses. Our north star is to connect businesses to our consumers to help both thrive, supporting Cash App’s mission to make money more relatable, instantly available and universally acceptable.
We are looking for a senior-level qualitative researcher to drive generative and evaluative research to accelerate understanding of customers and prospective customers, with insights guiding partner teams to build user-centered shopping experiences that unlock the full potential of Block’s connected ecosystem. The work across Marketplace is diverse and exciting, spanning payments to supporting small business to broadening economic access to merchant discounts.
- Define and inform the product roadmap through insights from generative and evaluative research, ensuring consumer-centricity through the development and growth of the Marketplace offering within Cash App
- Lead qualitative research throughout the product development cycle that deepens our understanding of the Cash App customer, focused on uncovering motivations, needs, and notable behavioral and psychographic characteristics
- Collect and analyze user behavior through mixed methods research including in-depth interviews, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, card sorting, surveys, usability studies, and other relevant research methodologies
- Evaluate product design (in-market and new concepts) in order to better serve the Cash App customer through a strong focus on user experience, as well as identifying growth opportunities
- Collaborate deeply with your Customer Insights teammates, plus teammates in Design, Product Management, Growth, Marketing and Engineering
- You are a qualitative researcher
- 8+ years of industry experience
- You are a self-starter with the ability to plan, conduct and report on highly impactful qualitative research throughout the product development process
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors and agencies for recruiting, moderation, or end to end research support, when required
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $174,900 - USD $213,700
Zone C: USD $165,700 - USD $202,500
Zone D: USD $156,400 - USD $191,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.