Software Engineering Lead, Bitkey
This role will be responsible for delivering - by building and managing a team as well as influencing architecture choices for Bitkey. The components that make up the wallet are a mobile app, a set of backend services that integrate with the wallet, as well as integration with partners and Lightning network support. These services will need to provide an excellent experience for customers - that means great UX, reliability (including in the face of scaling pressure), security, and global accessibility.
This is a senior tech-lead-manager (TLM) role - the engineering team is growing quickly and this role will be responsible for managing a subset of them in a flat organizational structure. They will be paired alongside the current mobile engineering lead to help guide the technical direction of our backend services. This role will start as discipline focused, but when we are successful, this role could expand to have broader management scope as we gain traction and discover lots of opportunities in brand new markets.
Factors that will make this role challenging (and influenced the choice of level):
- Early in product definition, so fundamental architectural choices to make that will have a large impact (good or bad!) later
- Lean team to begin with, will require smart prioritization. Could be responsible for managing anywhere from 6-10 people across various levels
- Multiple technical domains to define technical strategy and coordinate - mobile, backend, infrastructure, and even integration with firmware/hardware
Great candidates have:
- Shipped a consumer-facing product/service with client-facing (mobile/web) and backend components
- Comfortable working with different stakeholders across a variety of disciplines and working across technical domains
- Taken a product from zero to one -- either at a startup or possibly in a new product area at an established company
- Been around long enough after launch to see the product through subsequent stages of maturation
- While ‘internet scale’ isn’t a necessary component here, great candidates should have experience with performance and scaling considerations
- Demonstrated excellent leadership of a team of 5-10 people over multiple years
- Are clearly motivated by the technology and product. Since this role isn’t purely management scope, the individual will have a strong technical background and skills
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $211,600 - USD $258,600
Zone C: USD $200,500 - USD $245,100
Zone D: USD $189,400 - USD $231,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.