Senior Software Engineer, Ecommerce Infrastructure
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Infrastructure Engineers at Square build and support the critical infrastructure that powers the foundation of all e-commerce at Square. You will build systems on our on-prem and AWS hybrid cloud to improve stability and performance. We're looking for engineers who want to be part of maintaining and scaling this infrastructure through software tooling and automation.
- Build scalable infrastructure to manage systems (on-prem and AWS) and applications.
- Minimise the risk of reliability-related failure outcomes affecting durability, availability, and performance.
- Improve our infrastructure and services and handle incidents with efficiency.
- Build automation to help with capacity planning for our hybrid cloud infrastructure (on-prem and AWS infrastructure).
- Perform periodic on-call duty to handle security, availability, and efficiency of Square services.
- Support our CI/CD infrastructure.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience developing and troubleshooting large-scale infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience in any of the following languages: Golang, Python, PHP
- System/network debugging skills.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience with management/automation tools such as Puppet/Ansible/SALT.
- Experience setting up production-level monitoring and telemetry.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.