Social Channel Strategist, YouTube
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Content & Web team is an organic growth engine and a center of excellence for digital experiences and content strategy at Square. At the front lines of that effort is our Social Media team, whose role is to find new audiences wherever they are and engage them authentically to build the brand and drive business growth. We’re looking for a Channel Strategist focused on YouTube to join our team to aid that effort.
As a channel strategist, you will bring and build deep expertise around YouTube. You’ll develop individual channel strategies that define the purpose of the channels within the larger ecosystem of social media platforms, the customer journey, and our Content & Web team objectives. You’ll guide content creation (sometimes building the content yourself) and establish guidelines, governance, and measurement frameworks. You’ll create a roadmap for testing and learning on the channels and be the day-to-day resource for teams and ICs looking to leverage YouTube for content and product marketing.
This role partners with the rest of the Social Media team (across markets) and our Content Strategy, Content, Organic Discovery, Creative, Integrated Marketing, and Product Marketing teams, among others.
- Develop global strategies for YouTube position those channels for maximum impact as part of the customer journey
- Be fluent in the latest features and trends across your channels and create POVs, test scenarios, and other experiments and optimizations
- Define best-in-class content for the channels working across teams to produce content and, in some cases, driving content production yourself
- Set content and channels guidelines, management best practices, governance for the channels
- Partner with local market teams on creative ideation around reactive social media content opportunities and raise the visibility and impact of their work to other teams worldwide
- Maintain regular, asynchronous communication with market teams on governance, best practices, and project deadlines and deliverables
- Help scale our production efforts by creating templates and aid in the standardization of formats, tools, etc.
- Set measurement frameworks for the channels and establish benchmarks
- Deliver monthly channel, campaign, and tactical reports to key stakeholders across the organization
- Work cross-functionally with the Content & Web team and other Marketing functions to integrate your channels into broader marketing initiatives
- 5+ years of related marketing experience
- Experience managing YouTube accounts for for B2B, tech, or SaaS brands
- Working knowledge of how social media content and campaigns differ across markets to meet the needs of local audiences and cultures
- Familiarity with analytics tools and how to translate performance metrics into actionable takeaways
- Working knowledge of social advertising and how to align organic and paid strategy
- A passion for marketing and staying up-to-date on industry and platform news
- An eye for detail, down to the last character, image crop, and line break. While the majority of the role won’t be focused on content production, you should have a background in creative writing or design.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.