Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Our HR Business Partners partner with specific teams, working with leaders and employees on a wide range of relevant and valuable People-related areas: organizational development, talent management, coaching/development, compensation, conflict and performance management, employee relations and more. HR Business Partners are instrumental in shaping and driving HR Strategy and executing programs in collaboration with their People partners and client teams.
We're looking for a Senior HR Business Partner in Canada. This Business Partner will guide people and programs across key engineering organizations, as well as provide leadership and expertise for Cash App Canada based employees as needed. You are someone who is interested in making a significant impact in a high-growth, fast-paced and dynamic environment. You will be working with senior business leaders to provide strategic and hands-on input, insight, and advice concerning organizational development, performance management, coaching/development, compensation, employee relations, conflict management, training and more. You're comfortable speaking up and driving initiatives forward despite any unexpected roadblocks, as well as translating data into patterns, trends and influencing data based decision-making.
- Partner directly with senior-level leaders to develop and implement HR initiatives and programs to support the strategic growth of the business
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people related strategy and execution
- Work with the HR team to champion and accelerate a culture in which people feel engaged and inspired to provide top business results
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Lead core HR processes (eg, performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions)
- Analyze different types of employee reports (eg, compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision- making and provide proactive solutions to client groups
- Partner with HRBP and Learning & Programs colleagues to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, career mobility and job performance
- 7+ years experience in an HRBP role or in combination as an HR Generalist
- A history of partner alignment to build and improve company culture and increase employee engagement
- Performance management and employee relations experience
- Coaching and facilitation skills
- A deep knowledge of HR programs and practices, including employment laws and regulations applicable to Canada
- Experience as a strategic partner with dynamic, challenging responsibilities in a global 3,000+ employee company
- Experience partnering with technical and/or engineering organizations
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.