Program Manager Lead
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The Project Management Office (PMO) team was founded on the idea that collaboration and consistent project and change management experiences help our organization, Customer Advocates and Customers succeed. In this role, you'll expand on this vision by leading a team of Program & Project Managers and Coordinators supporting Cash Customer Operations (CCO) by guiding key CCO programs, projects & priorities - including product, system and operational initiatives. You will lead team members and project teams through strategic program prioritization and planning, business and system requirements gathering, process mapping, project management and communications. You will report to the Senior Lead, Project Management Office.
You will partner with your team, CCO Leadership, and additional functional leaders to build project requirements, execution plans, and strategic roadmaps.
Leadership and Development:
- Lead a team of 5+ project/program managers; coach PMO team members with a focus on continuing and enhancing their professional development
- Develop metrics to measure the growth and performance of the team, and provide reports on progress.
- Recommend actions to team & leadership based on data. Compare target forecasts and assumptions against actual performance, and make recommendations to close any gaps.
- Assigning resources and partnering with PMO & Portfolio Leads on staffing strategy; Anticipate changes that could affect the team's work or staffing and make recommendations to mitigate any risk.
- Partner with CCO Leads, Customer Knowledge, Integration Services, L&D, and Cash teams across Programs/Projects by offering strategic leadership and guidance from a PMO leadership perspective to achieve CCO objectives and key results
- Manage a high degree of complexity. Develop effective plans to reduce complexity by researching and identifying the root cause of issues, and creating sustainable going forward processes.
- Manage conflict independently and with a minimum of disruption, soliciting diverse opinions and settling conflicts and misalignments equitably.
- Ensure all documentation is current, including project plans, roadmaps, charters, risk and decision logs and more.
Program Management / Project Management:
- Refine and implement governance and operating procedures for CCO Programs and Projects
- Organize and direct multiple complex and interrelated projects and tasks ensuring they come together to achieve CCO goals
- Evaluate incoming project & operational programs, partnering with leadership to develop prioritization within program(s) and CCO portfolio
- Manage stakeholder communications - articulate strategy, roadmap, risks and solutions through clear messaging, reporting and tool use
- Evaluate and implement the tooling required to scale program and project management processes and reporting
- Fill hiring and staffing needs as required
- 7+ years of work experience with 3+ years of people management experience.
- 5+ years Senior level project and/or program management experience managing complicated, multi-disciplinary projects in a complex, customer service organization
- 1+ years experience building and scaling teams
- Applied knowledge of project and program management methodology, techniques and tools; Certification in project management a plus
- Experience with financial and contact center reporting
- Experience managing JIRA backlogs and leaning in on projects to ensure objectives, timelines, and deliverables are met.
- Traits: Quality decision making skills, problem-solving, and comfortable with ambiguity. Ability to manage cross functional initiatives with sometimes neutral or unaligned stakeholders. Excellent interpersonal skills and communications skills
- Abilities: Ability to work both independently and as a team to provide solutions to complex problems. Nimble with frequently changing priorities. Ensures continued talent development.
- Tools: Experience with JIRA, Asana, LucidChart or other project and process management tooling.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.