Sales Intelligence Manager
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded seven years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
If sales is the engine that drives our business’s growth, then Sales Intelligence is the grease in its gears. The Sales Intelligence team operates at the intersection of Afterpay’s North America Sales org and our partners on product, marketing, analytics, research, risk, and customer service, leveraging our strong cross-functional capabilities to ensure that the business continues to prioritize activities that grow our merchant network. We are strategists and diagnosticians in equal measure, identifying unlocks to sign new merchant deals and break into new industries while resolving points of friction along the way.
We are looking for a Sales Intelligence Manager to own the planning, management, and measurement of new sales-led initiatives for Afterpay’s rapidly growing North American Sales team. This person will take on an array of special projects that will require them to build decisioning frameworks, business processes, documentation, and more so an entrepreneurial approach is critical to this role.
- Validate New Products and Programs—Drive the sizing, testing, and analysis of net new sales-led initiatives (examples include evolutions to our existing suite of payments products, new service models, and new internal tooling). Develop recommendations to scale successful efforts and oversee their operationalization across the US and Canadian markets with consideration for nuances between verticals, regions, etc.
- Establish New Disciplines—Introduce improvements to the current seller experience in the form of new resources, training, and forums for collaboration.
- Identify Opportunities for Improvement—As the business has scaled rapidly, we’ve outgrown some of our historical ways of working. In this role you will diagnose pain points and work across teams to introduce improvements.
- Make Data-led Decisions—Manage the collection and synthesis of insights (qualitative and quantitative) to inform the Sales Intelligence team’s areas of focus and support KPI reporting for team projects
- Be the Team’s Advocate—Offer general Enterprise team advocacy, ensuring the team and our merchants’ needs are represented at all relevant cross-functional decision points and in all prioritization exercises
- 6+ years professional work experience, preferably within a fast-paced, high-growth environment in an operations, strategy, or research role
- Detail-oriented, with strong project/process management experience and skills
- Strong cross functional capabilities and communication skills
- The ability to influence at all levels of an organization and drive for preferred outcomes
- Highly analytical, adept at finding meaning and summarizing key insights from ambiguous data sets
- Curious, self-motivated, bias-for-action (“no task is too small” mentality)
- Self-starter who leans in and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments
- Passion for and ideally depth of experience in commerce or sales-led organizations
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.