Accounts Receivable Accountant
The Square Accounting team is looking for an Accounts Receivable Accountant that will play an important role in our growing team. This role will be reporting to the Revenue Team Lead. This role will be part of the accounts receivable organization and will be responsible for invoicing, cash applications, accounting reconciliations, and other tasks.
- Ensure that invoices, cash receipts, and other accounts receivable tasks are completed timely and accurately
- Prepare month-end journal entries and supporting schedules and reconciliations
- Partner with the business to ensure accurate accounts receivable balances and to enhance the current processes
- Continuously improve business processes, systems, and enhance documentation and controls as part of our SOX compliance efforts
- Work with diverse and cross functional teams, domestically and internationally
- Partner with Square's Finance & Strategy team to investigate variances between actual results and forecasts and assist in the budgeting process as needed
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by external auditors
- Complete special projects as needed
- Passion for Square. Strong interest in technology/knowledge of the industry
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Previous role(s) should include accounts receivable operational tasks within Oracle or similar ERP
- 2-3+ years of accounting experience
- Tech savvy, strong at Excel
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $34.09 - USD $41.68
Zone B: USD $31.73 - USD $38.75
Zone C: USD $28.99 - USD $35.43
Zone D: USD $25.58 - USD $31.25
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.