Social Media & Community Manager
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Content & Web team is an organic growth engine and a center of excellence for digital experiences and content strategy at Square. At the front lines of that effort is our Social Media team, whose role is to find new audiences wherever they are and engage them authentically to build the brand and drive business growth. Our Social Media team makes emotional connections with current and future business owners, creating content that preserves Square's voice and builds awareness and brand affinity through storytelling and information sharing on various channels, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and more.
Social media is where people today consume their news, get their stories, and have experiences — and Square is providing those moments for our sellers and community. Square is looking for a social media and community manager to join our team and be part of that ongoing effort. You will become part of Square's voice on social media, elevating the brand and telling our story meaningfully and consistently.
You will report to the Global Social Media Lead. This role partners with the rest of the Social Media team globally and our Content Strategy, Content, Organic Discovery, Creative, Integrated Marketing, and Product Marketing teams, among others.
- Build social media content and creative as @Square on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, and other emerging channels.
- Provide day-to-day community management of the ongoing conversations on our social channels, either with or about the @Square brand.
- Source and engage with our sellers to tell powerful stories across all priority channels.
- Develop a flexible content calendar and publishing cadence that meets our priority channels' needs, working with cross-functional partners to identify relevant opportunities.
- Work with various teams across Square to develop creative assets to support campaigns and initiatives with social posts.
- Work with the Customer Support team to monitor issues and customer communication during outages, needed escalations, and more, sharing best practices with teammates to handle these situations with empathy and impact.
- Monitor creative trends and culturally relevant moments to stay reactive and agile as our brand on social media. You will create on-the-fly, making reactive, of-the-moment content where it makes sense for our brand and the platforms’ audiences.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience managing social channels and creating and developing digital content for a brand
- A proven track record of building communities online, copywriting, and creative development
- Working knowledge of how social media content and campaigns differ across markets to meet the needs of local audiences and cultures.
- Advanced or intermediate knowledge of Google Suite, Asana, Adobe Premiere, and Figma (not just cropping or editing images).
- Experience managing Instagram and Facebook for B2B, tech, or SaaS brands.
- A passion for social media marketing and staying up-to-date on industry and platform news.
- Operational excellence: an advanced ability to manage multiple projects, deliverables, and stakeholders across markets.
- Familiarity with social media and web analytics tools and how to interpret performance metrics into actionable takeaways.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $45.38 - USD $55.48
Zone B: USD $42.21 - USD $51.63
Zone C: USD $38.61 - USD $47.16
Zone D: USD $34.04 - USD $41.63
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.